Pages

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Easy Gift Tiles!

Guess what I'm doing today?

Going Christmas shopping!!
Yes, I'm venturing out into the madness with my friend Lissa, buoyed only by the promise of Chick-fil-A Chick'n-minis for breakfast and the Cheesecake Factory for lunch. Aiyiyi, are we crazy or what?!!

But, it has to be done.
We both have returns - yes, already! And I still have two, count em' TWO things on my list that must be bought AND I discovered last night that I desperately need shirt boxes. Why oh why, do we always throw away the boxes on Christmas morning when we KNOW we're gonna need them next year? Why not just store them in the Christmas Closet with all the other Christmas paraphernalia? They don't take up THAT much room. Sigh....

Anyway, I had a wonderful, quiet day here at home yesterday and I managed to get 7 Christmas gifts made! WooHoo!! I made two sets of boxed cards for two of Emma's coaches and 5 of these fancy, schmancy Decor Elements Tiles.
Here, take a look:

Yeah, I know you wanna say it - Oooh. Aaah! Fancy!!
Yep, and you can't really even see the glittery spray all over them. Oh yeah - glitter!!

Look, these were so super easy!
I used tiles that we had bought at the big blue home improvement store (not the orange one!). They are called Rialto tiles. Simply wash them off and dry them thoroughly.
The design is one section of the Holiday Damask Decor Elements from the Holiday Mini Catalog. I trimmed one out with my Paper Snips and applied it to the clean tile.

Next, I sprayed the whole thing with my own homemade shimmer spritz made with spray hand sanitizer and Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint. Let it dry and it stays put!

Here's a close up:

You can see the shimmer on the tile in the background pretty well here.
To decorate the tile, I wrapped about a yard or so of Old Olive Satin Ribbon around the left edge and tied it up in a pretty bow.
The tag was made with the Merry and Type stamp set. I stamped the greeting in Real Red on Naturals White cardstock and punched it out with the Decorative Label Punch. The edges were sponged with some Old Olive ink and I spritzed it with shimmer mist too.
I punched a small hole in the corner of the tag and threaded it with some Early Espresso Baker's Twine and added a Mini Jingle Bell before tying it off in a bow.

I didn't take a photo of the back, but to hang it, I attached a small sawtooth hanger with Hot Glue.

Super cute and SO easy!!
The best part? This whole project cost less than $3.00 total!
Shhhh! Don't tell on me, ok?

The Holiday Damask Decor Elements are still available in the Holiday Mini Catalog and you get 27 of them for just $29.99!
But, they are only around until January 3rd, so be sure to get them before they are gone.

Also, be sure to get the Stocking Builder Punch if you are still needing it. SU! told us yesterday that it WILL NOT carry over into the next big Idea Book and Catalog and is available now on a While Supplies Last basis! Guess that means that the Stitched Stockings stamp set won't carry over either - just a guess on my part, but it stands to reason, don't ya' think?

Ok, enough chatter - I'm headed out to the craziness that is the Mall. Wish me luck!
You on the other hand can stay home and shop from my Stampin' Up! Website! It won't get here by Christmas, but you're shopping for YOU anyway, right? Ha!
Don't forget, my rewards program applies to any orders of $40 in merchandise from my Online Store!
The punch and the decor elements would earn you more points towards Stampin' rewards!

Stamped blessings,
~~Robin

Place your order for Stampin' Up! supplies at this link here: Robin's Online Stampin' Store
Simply click the SHOP NOW button at the top right corner!

3 comments:

  1. I never thought to apply decor elements to tiles. Thanks! Are these the 4x4 or larger trivet-sized tile?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea, Robin! TFS I'll have to keep it in mind for next year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!! So simple, easy but beautiful!! They will love them!

    Take care!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE your comments! Please share your thoughts with me!